Tuesday, December 09, 2008

His Hands

"Thy hands have made me and fashioned me: give me understanding that I may learn Thy commandments" (Psalm 119:73). "I will pour... the Spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon Me whom they have pierced... And one shall say unto Him, What are these wounds in Thine hands? Then He shall answer, Those with which I was wounded in the house of My friends" (Zechariah 12:11, 13:6).

Lord, Your hands have fashioned me.
Only You can clearly show
The truth that You would have me see,
To understand what I should know.

Here is where it all begins;
My heart by this now understands:
I see the horror of my sins
As I now look upon Your hands.

Here is where it also ends,
For on the cross Your love prevailed
As in the house of Your own friends
Your holy hands for us were nailed.

Your holy Law was satisfied!
Your hands yet wounded still display
That Love for me was crucified,
To put my horrid sins away.

Lord of all of Your creation,
You have taught my heart and mind
By hands once pierced for my salvation:
You are holy and so kind!

No comments: