Saturday, December 06, 2008

Chorus of Comfort

"This is my comfort in my affliction: for Thy word hath quickened me.... I remembered Thy judgments of old, O Lord, and have comforted myself.... Thy statutes have been my songs in the house of my pilgrimage" (Psalm 119:50,52,54). "My son, keep thy Father's commandment.... When thou goest, it shall lead thee; when thou sleepest, it shall keep thee; and when thou awakest, it shall talk with thee" (Proverbs 6:20,21).

There is a daily chorus found
Of comfort that our Lord imparts,
For though afflictions may abound,
Yet His Word revives our hearts.

When you go, His Word shall lead,
Guiding, guarding all the way.
In this pilgrimage we need
His Word of comfort everyday.

When you come at each day's end,
As you close your eyes to sleep,
Thank the Lord, Your faithful Friend,
Watches those He vows to keep.

When you wake to read His Word,
Listen, and you'll hear His voice.
Let your heart by Him be stirred;
Wake to worship, and rejoice!

When our pilgrimage is through,
We will sing on heaven's shore
Of all the things in life we view
That God had meant for good before.

No comments: