Sunday, December 14, 2008

Holding the Holy

"Hold Thou me up, and I shall be safe: and I will have respect unto Thy statutes continually" (Psalm 119:117). "The backslider in heart shall be filled with his own ways: and a good man shall be satisfied from himself.... The fear of the Lord is a fountain of life, to depart from the snares of death" (Psalm 119:27).

Lord, You know my tendency
To backslide down the slope
When I forget You're holding me,
And You're my only hope!

The Fountain of my hope is Christ,
Who gives grace to the lowly.
His grace to save alone sufficed,
And grace shall make me holy.

Lord, I know You hold my hand,
And that You draw me near,
And by Your grace alone I stand,
Perfected by Your fear.

So I will trust You, Lord, to hold
And strengthen me each day
To make me holy, humble, bold,
And lead me in Your way.

No comments: