Thursday, September 20, 2007

Way without Want

"The Lord is my Shepherd; I shall not want" (Psalm 23:1). "Man's goings are of the Lord; how can a man then understand his own way?.... The blueness of a wound cleanseth away evil: so do stripes the inward parts of the belly" (Proverbs 20:24,30). "He was wounded for our transgressions... and by His stripes we are healed" (Isaiah 53:5). "O Lord, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps" (Jeremiah 10:23).

The way without want is not within man
For he was created with needs.
Our God will supply, as only He can,
Whatever we lack where He leads.

The Lord is my Shepherd, and I shall not want,
Though sometimes I stray without reason.
And yet even then, though Satan may taunt,
My soul He restores in due season.

The pathway of life is soon shadowed by death
When every false way is revealed.
Now is the time, while we have life and breath,
To discover the way to be healed.

Jesus our Shepherd once laid His life down;
And thus was our greatest need met.
How great was His love that the floods could not drown,
And no greater love is found yet!

The way of salvation is not found within,
Which Jesus alone can provide.
If we would know peace and His freedom from sin,
He must be invited inside.

No comments: