Monday, September 24, 2007

Faithful vs. Fainting

"I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and He shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord" (Psalm 27:13,14). "If thou faint in the day of adversity, thy strength is small.... A just men falleth seven times, and riseth up again" (Proverbs 24:10,16). "Who shall deliver me from this body of death? I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord" (Romans 7:24,25).

If not for the knowledge that God is so good,
I surely would come to despair.
I'd faint if I did not believe that I could
Be casting on my Him every care.

So if I am fainting and my strength is too small,
I'll wait on the Lord in that hour.
For when I am weak and I'm ready to fall,
He'll lift me again by His power.

No comments: