Thursday, September 27, 2007

Force of His Favor

"In His favor is life.... And in my prosperity I said, I shall never be moved. Lord by Thy favor Thou hast made my mountain to stand strong: Thou didst hide Thy face, and I was troubled" (Psalm 30:5-7). "So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that showeth mercy" (Romans 9:16).

There is a danger I may face
In my prosperity:
The tendency to discount grace;
God's favor shown to me.

If I should say within my heart
That I shall not be moved,
What foolishness is on my part,
That must be yet reproved!

The favor of God's gracious gift,
Comes not by force of will,
Nor by the running of the swift,
Whose race the crowds may thrill.

But God is looking to the meek,
And He will be their Savior.
They shall not be moved who seek
And trust Him for His favor.

No comments: