Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Destined to Declare

"The assembly of the wicked have enclosed Me: they pierced My hands and My feet.... I will declare Thy name unto My brethren: in the midst of the congregation will I praise Thee.... They shall come, and shall declare His righteousness unto a people that shall be born, that He hath done this" (Psalm 22:16,22,31).

There is a destiny we share
With all who know God's Son:
We are the seed who shall declare
What Jesus Christ has done.

He has done what He foretold:
They pierced His hands and feet!
In our Savior we behold
This prophecy complete!

Thus we share this destiny:
Declaring that God gave
His Son to die for you and me,
And to forever save.

And Jesus also has declared
His Father's name to those
Who have a place above prepared,
Because He died and rose.

He has done this, we proclaim,
As Scripture said before.
We will bless His precious name
And praise Him more and more.

No comments: