Sunday, September 16, 2007

Granted by Grace

"And Jabez called on the God of Israel, saying, Oh that Thou wouldest bless me indeed, and enlarge my coast, and that Thine hand might be with me, and that Thou wouldest keep me from evil, that it may not grieve me! And God granted him that which he requested" (1 Chronicles 4:10).

Who can forbid the thing that God grants?
No one, as surely as God the Lord lives!
God is the Lord over each circumstance;
None can deprive us of what the Lord gives.

See how God granted the prayer of this man,
Jabez, who prayed that the Lord would impart
The blessing, enlargement, and help of His hand
To keep him from evil that grieved his own heart.

Let us pray likewise about every care;
Sometimes we have not because we don't ask.
Let us come boldly to God with each prayer
That we may find grace for each burden and task.

No comments: