Sunday, April 30, 2023

Cherished and Chastened

Read:  Psalm 121 / Proverbs 30 / Numbers 20 / Hebrews 12

 

Psalm 121:2 ~ My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth.

Proverbs 30:4,5 ~ Who hath ascended up into heaven, or descended? who hath gathered the wind in his fists? who hath bound the waters in a garment? who hath established all the ends of the earth? what is his name, and what is his son's name, if thou canst tell? Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him.

Numbers 20:10 ~ And Moses and Aaron gathered the congregation together before the rock, and he said unto them, Hear now, ye rebels; must we fetch you water out of this rock?

Hebrews 12:6 ~ For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.

 

My help comes from the great Creator

Of heaven, earth, and all within. 

There's no one with a love that's greater

Than Christ who washed away my sin. 

 

He chastens me because I'm cherished,

Like Moses who misused his rod. 

Without His grace I would have perished;

How good it is to trust in God!  

 


No comments: