Friday, April 28, 2023

Confessing and Correcting

Read:  Psalm 119 / Proverbs 28 / Numbers 18 / Hebrews 10

 

Psalm 119:176 ~ I have gone astray like a lost sheep; seek thy servant; for I do not forget thy commandments.

Proverbs 28:13 ~ He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy.

Numbers 18:1,5 ~ The LORD said unto Aaron, Thou and thy sons... shall bear the iniquity of your priesthood... that there be no wrath any more upon the children of Israel.

Hebrews 10:21-23 ~ Having an high priest over the house of God; let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.... hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; for he is faithful that promised.

 

How often have I gone astray

Yet turned again to the embrace

Of Christ who washed my sins away

And draws me with preserving grace. 

 

Why would I cover now from God

The sins I rather should confess?

Let Him correct me with His rod

And lead me by His righteousness! 

 


No comments: