Friday, April 21, 2023

Mixed Multitude

Read:  Psalm 119 / Proverbs 21 / Numbers 11 / Hebrews 3

 

Psalm 119:114-115 Thou art my hiding place and my shield: I hope in thy word. Depart from me, ye evildoers: for I will keep the commandments of my God.

Proverbs 21:30-31 There is no wisdom nor understanding nor counsel against the LORD. The horse is prepared against the day of battle: but safety is of the LORD.

Numbers 11:4,23 And the mixt multitude that was among them fell a lusting: and the children of Israel also wept again, and said, Who shall give us flesh to eat?... And the LORD said unto Moses, Is the LORD'S hand waxed short? thou shalt see now whether my word shall come to pass unto thee or not.

Hebrews 3:15,16 While it is said, Today if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts, as in the provocation. For some, when they had heard, did provoke: howbeit not all that came out of Egypt by Moses.

 

I'll keep the calling of my God

To love the Lord with all my heart. 

If evildoers count it odd,

Then let them do so and depart.

 

The multitude today is mixed,

But those who by the Lord are pardoned

Are where my fellowship is fixed,

And not with those whose hearts are hardened. 

 


No comments: