Saturday, April 01, 2023

What Fools Will Forfeit

Read:  Psalm 113 / Proverbs 1 / Leviticus 18 / 1 Thes. 5

 

Psalm 113:5-6 ~ The LORD our God... dwelleth on high, who humbleth himself to behold the things... in the earth!

Proverbs 1:24 ~ Because I have called, and ye refused; I have stretched out my hand, and no man regarded.

Leviticus 18:5 ~ Ye shall therefore keep my statutes, and my judgments: which if a man do, he shall live in them.

1 Thessalonians 5:24 ~ Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it.

 

Christ Jesus our heroic Savior

To save the lost came down to the earth, 

Yet fools reject His saving favor

And thus forfeit a second birth. 

 

Not one is justified by law,

Which has condemned how we behaved.

This is the verdict Jesus saw,

Who died that sinners might be saved.  

 


No comments: