Friday, April 07, 2023

Motive and Measure

Read:  Psalm 119 / Proverbs 7 / Leviticus 24 / 1 Tim. 3 

 

Psalm 119:2 ~ Blessed are they that keep his testimonies, and that seek him with the whole heart.

Proverbs 7:24-25 ~ Hearken unto me now therefore, O ye children, and attend to the words of my mouth. Let not thine heart decline to her ways, go not astray in her paths.

Leviticus 24:2 ~ Command the children of Israel, that they bring unto thee pure oil olive beaten for the light, to cause the lamps to burn continually.

1 Timothy 3:15-16 ~ Behave thyself... God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

 

God sees my motive and behavior;

He knows the measure of my heart. 

Am I halfhearted toward my Savior?

O let me from this sin depart!

 

Why should my love for Christ decline?

Why should I live as fools behave?

Let Christ in me break forth and shine

To show that He alone can save!  

 


No comments: