Saturday, April 30, 2022

Triumphant Trials

Read:  Psalm 41 / Proverbs 30 / Eccles. 7 / Matthew 12

 

Psalm 41:11 ~ By this I know that thou favorest me, because mine enemy doth not triumph over me.

Proverbs 30:5 ~ Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him.

Ecclesiastes 7:3 ~ Sorrow is better than laughter: for by the sadness of the countenance the heart is made better.

Matthew 12:17-21 ~ That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet… in his name shall the Gentiles trust.

 

By this I know I have God’s favor:

He has subdued my enemy.

I’m trusting my triumphant Savior,

From whom the trembling demons flee. 

 

Though trials bring their share of sorrow

And fragile life returns to dust,

My past, my present, and tomorrow

Belong to God in whom I trust.  

 


No comments: