Thursday, April 28, 2022

Life I Lose

Read:  Psalm 39 / Proverbs 28 / Eccles. 5 / Matthew 10

 

Psalm 39:5-7 ~ Verily every man at his best state is altogether vanity… He heapeth up riches, and knoweth not who shall gather them… Now, Lord, what wait I for? my hope is in thee.

Proverbs 28:26 ~ He that trusteth in his own heart is a fool: but whoso walketh wisely, he shall be delivered.

Ecclesiastes 5:10 ~ He that loveth silver shall not be satisfied with silver; nor he that loveth abundance with increase: this is also vanity.

Matthew 10:39 ~ He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.

 

Though people heap together wealth,

They shall not thus be satisfied,

Nor can they yet sustain their health

When, as appointed, they have died. 

 

My hope is not in wealth we heap,

Which no one in the end can take. 

The only treasure I can keep

Is life I lose for Jesus’ sake. 

 


No comments: