Sunday, May 01, 2022

Christ is in Control

Read:  Psalm 42 / Proverbs 1 / Eccles. 8 / Matthew 13

 

Psalm 42:11 ~ Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God.

Proverbs 1:33 ~ But whoso hearkeneth unto me shall dwell safely, and shall be quiet from fear of evil.

Ecclesiastes 8:5 ~ A wise… heart discerneth… judgment.

Song of Solomon 8:7 ~ Many waters cannot quench love, neither can the floods drown it: if a man would give all the substance of his house for love, it would utterly be contemned.

Matthew 13:16 ~ But blessed are your eyes, for they see: and your ears, for they hear.

 

Why should my soul be now cast down

When Jesus tells me not to fear,

For many waters cannot drown

The love of Christ who draws me near. 

 

While time and judgment run their course,

The Lord is ever in control,

So why, then, should I doubt the Source

Of every blessing to my soul?  

 


No comments: