Tuesday, April 19, 2022

More Marvelous

Read:  Psalm 30 / Proverbs 19 / Job 38 / Matthew 1

 

Psalm 30:11,12 ~ Thou hast… girded me with gladness; to the end that my glory may sing praise to thee, and not be silent.

Proverbs 19:20 ~ Hear counsel, and receive instruction, that thou mayest be wise in thy latter end.

Job 38:4 ~ Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding.

Matthew 1:23 ~ Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

 

The Lord has girded me with gladness;

I do not have a closer Friend. 

He gave me joy instead of sadness

With love I scarce can comprehend. 

 

The Lord who laid the earth’s foundation,

Did something still more marvelous:

Becoming Man, He brought salvation!

Emmanuel is God with us.  

 


No comments: