Friday, April 29, 2022

Thrilling Thought

Read:  Psalm 40 / Proverbs 29 / Eccles. 6 / Matthew 11

 

Psalm 40:17 ~ I am poor and needy; yet the Lord thinketh upon me: thou art my help and my deliverer; make no tarrying, O my God.

Proverbs 29:25 ~ The fear of man bringeth a snare: but whoso putteth his trust in the LORD shall be safe.

Ecclesiastes 6:9 ~ Better is the sight of the eyes than the wandering of the desire: this is also vanity and vexation of spirit.

Matthew 11:28 ~ Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

 

Though I am poor, despised, and small,

I hold the truth that makes me free,

For though I am inclined to fall,

I know my Savior thinks on me.

 

He thinks on me!  O let me ponder

The treasure of this thrilling thought,

So that my eye may no more wander,

That I may love Him as I ought.  

 


No comments: