Saturday, January 02, 2021

Wealth of His Word

Read:  Psalm 70 / Proverbs 2 / Genesis 1 / Luke 4

 

Psalm 70:5 But I am poor and needy: make haste unto me, O God: thou art my help and my deliverer… make no tarrying.  

Proverbs 2:3-5 Yea, if thou criest after knowledge, and liftest up thy voice for understanding... as for hid treasures… then shalt thou understand the fear of the LORD, and find the knowledge of God.

Genesis 1:3 God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

Luke 4:4 And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God.

 

Because I know that I am poor,

I cry to God who meets my needs. 

His Word gives wealth that I explore

With light whereby He safely leads. 

 

The God whose Word brought forth creation

Now daily makes His wisdom known. 

I need my Lord’s communication:

I cannot live by bread alone!  

 


No comments: