Thursday, January 28, 2021

Beauty and the Bitter

Read:  Psalm 96 / Proverbs 28 / Genesis 27 / John 6 

 

Psalm 96:9 O worship the LORD in the beauty of holiness: fear before him, all the earth.

Proverbs 28:13 He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy.

Genesis 27:34 When Esau heard the words of his father, he cried with a great and exceeding bitter cry, and said unto his father, Bless me, even me also, O my father.

John 6:37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

 

Behold the beauty now reflected

In holiness that God imparts,

Disdained by those who have rejected

God’s mercy by their hardened hearts. 

 

The bitter cry that Esau gave

Did not reflect repentance then,

Yet God is merciful to save

The souls of true repentant men.  

 

 

No comments: