Saturday, January 23, 2021

Lord and Lamb

Read:  Psalm 91 / Proverbs 23 / Genesis 22 / John 1 

 

Psalm 91:2 I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.

Proverbs 23:17,18 Let not thine heart envy sinners: but be thou in the fear of the LORD all the day long. For surely there is an end; and thine expectation shall not be cut off.

Genesis 22:7,8 Where is the lamb for a burnt offering? And Abraham said, My son, God will provide himself a lamb.

John 1:29 John seeth Jesus coming… and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

 

In Christ the Lord and Lamb I trust;

He is my Refuge where I hide.

The mortal soon returns to dust;

What hope, therefore, can he provide?

 

I hear words of Abraham

To Isaac in their conversation:

“God will provide Himself a Lamb.”

Behold the Lord of my salvation!  

 


No comments: