Saturday, January 30, 2021

Ascended to Advocate

Read:  Psalm 98 / Proverbs 30 / Genesis 29 / John 8

 

Psalm 98:1,2 O sing unto the LORD a new song; for he hath done marvelous things… The LORD hath made known his salvation: his righteousness hath he openly shewed. 

Proverbs 30:4 Who hath ascended up into heaven, or descended?...  What is his name, and what is his son's name?

Genesis 29:35 She said, Now will I praise the LORD: therefore she called his name Judah. 

John 8:12 I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

 

My grateful heart with gladness sings

To Christ who purchased my salvation.

How marvelous are all these things

That God has shown to every nation!

 

For who, but Christ, for us ascended

To advocate the sinner’s case?

His light to all has been extended!

O praise our Savior for His grace! 

 


No comments: