Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Seeking me in Silence

Read:  Psalm 94 / Proverbs 26 / Genesis 25 / John 4

 

Psalm 94:17 Unless the LORD had been my help, my soul had almost dwelt in silence.

Proverbs 26:28 A lying tongue hateth those that are afflicted by it; and a flattering mouth worketh ruin.

Genesis 25:23 The LORD said…Two nations are in thy womb, and two manner of people shall be separated from thy bowels.

John 4:23,24 The true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship.

 

If God had not been seeking me,

My search for Him would be in vain.

The truth alone could make me free;

I did not have it.  That was plain. 

 

The liar could not help my case. 

The mouth that flattered would not do. 

God broke the silence by His grace

And showed me that His Word was true.   

 


No comments: