Sunday, January 24, 2021

Root and Reward

Read:  Psalm 92 / Proverbs 24 / Genesis 23 / John 2 

 

Psalm 92:14,15 They shall still bring forth fruit in old age; they shall be fat and flourishing; To shew that the LORD is upright: he is my rock, and there is no unrighteousness in him.

Proverbs 24:14 So shall the knowledge of wisdom be unto thy soul: when thou hast found it, then there shall be a reward, and thy expectation shall not be cut off.

Genesis 23:1 And Sarah was an hundred and seven and twenty years old: these were the years of the life of Sarah.

John 2:16,25 Take these things hence; make not my Father's house an house of merchandise… He knew what was in man.

 

In old age let me still bear fruit

To show the greatness of my Lord.

So let His wisdom take deep root,

And let His praise be my reward.

 

My days are few upon this earth;

I know that I shall soon depart. 

How soon death follows after birth!

So may Christ daily purge my heart. 

 


No comments: