Monday, May 22, 2017

Why they were Written


"In my distress I cried unto the LORD, and He heard me. Deliver my soul, O LORD, from lying lips, and from a deceitful tongue" (Psalm 120:1,2).  "That thy trust may be in the LORD, I have… written to thee excellent things in counsels and knowledge, that I might make thee know the certainty of the words of truth" (Proverbs 22:19-21).  "I, even I, am the LORD; and beside Me there is no Savior" (Isaiah 43:11).  "For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written… that we… might have hope" (Romans 15:4).

The Lord has heard our humble cry
To rescue us from lies we heard. 
Praise God!  We know that this is why
We have our Lord's prophetic Word!

We know that Christ for us was smitten
And brought into death's dreadful dust,
As prophets of the Lord had written,
That we might place in Him our trust. 

Apart from Christ there is no Savior;
We know this is a certainty. 
We plead with souls to seek His favor
Which was foretold in prophecy. 

O Lord, we surely see the reason
For Your prophetic declaration: 
Your written Word fulfilled in season
Confirms the truth of Your salvation!  


No comments: