Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Despised but not Despairing


"I am small and despised: yet do not I forget Thy precepts" (Psalm 119:141).  "A Friend loveth at all times, and a Brother is born for adversity" (Proverbs 17:17).  "Behold, for peace I had great bitterness: but Thou hast in love to my soul delivered it from the pit of corruption: for Thou hast cast all my sins behind Thy back… The LORD was ready to save me" (Isaiah 38:17,20).  "Thou shalt be saved.  For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation" (Romans 10:9,10). 

It matters not if I'm despised
By many in their estimation,  
For Christ, who loves me, has devised
My rescue by His great salvation! 

He is the greatest Friend of all;
He died to be my kindred Brother! 
He drank for me the bitter gall
To save me when there was no other. 

He cast my sins behind His back
And plucked me from the pit of hell,
And yet His justice was not slack,
For heaven's judgment on Him fell. 

There's no one like You, Lord, so caring
For rebel sinners so depraved;
I am despised, but not despairing,
For You have said that I am saved!  


No comments: