Sunday, May 14, 2017

Hope of our Home


"Thou art my Hiding Place and my Shield: I hope in Thy Word… Uphold me according unto Thy Word… and let me not be ashamed of my hope" (Psalm 119:114,116).  "Every wise woman buildeth her house: but the foolish plucketh it down with her hands… In the fear of the LORD is strong confidence: and His children shall have a place of refuge" (Proverbs 14:1,26).  "The ransomed of the LORD shall return… with songs and everlasting joy" (Isaiah 35:10).  "Who shall deliver me?... I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord" (Romans 7:24,25). 

There is a certainty of grace
In hope according to God's Word
That God will be our Hiding Place
As we obey what we have heard. 

A woman wisely builds her home
By following the Lord's commands, 
But if her heart from God will roam,
It is dismantled with her hands. 

The fear of God gives confidence
Within the refuge of His love
That He will be our strong Defense
With His protection from above. 

O Lord, we join the joyful ranks
Of those who hope in Your salvation
In homes that rise to give You thanks
For saving us from condemnation.  


No comments: