Saturday, May 06, 2017

Sojourner Songs


"Thy statutes have been my songs in the house of my pilgrimage" (Psalm 119:54).  "My son, keep thy Father's commandment… When thou goest, it shall lead thee; when thou sleepest, it shall keep thee; and when thou awakest, it shall talk with thee" (Proverbs 6:20-22).  "In that day sing ye… take hold of My strength… make peace with Me" (Isaiah 27:2,5).  "Wherefore, sirs, be of good cheer: for I believe God, that it shall be even as it was told me… Then were they all of good cheer" (Acts 27:25,36). 

Throughout my pilgrimage with God,
The Lord has given me His songs
With comfort by His staff and rod
Because my heart to Him belongs. 

He leads me everywhere I go,
He keeps me when I go to sleep,
When I awake He lets me know
That He will guide me as His sheep. 

I have a daily cause to sing
As I take hold of strength God gives  
With perfect peace His Word will bring
Because I know my Savior lives. 

As long as I shall sojourn here,
O Lord, Your Word shall be my treasure  
That fills my heart with heaven's cheer
And songs that daily give me pleasure.  


No comments: