Sunday, May 07, 2017

Hastened by Heaven

"I thought on my ways, and turned my feet unto Thy testimonies.  I made haste, and delayed not to keep Thy commandments" (Psalm 119:59,60).  "Go not astray in… the way to hell, going down to the chambers of death" (Proverbs 7:25,27).  "This is the rest wherewith ye may cause the weary to rest; and this is the refreshing: yet they would not hear" (Isaiah 28:12).  "Their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes have they closed… Be it known therefore… that the salvation of God is sent unto the Gentiles, and that they will hear it" (Acts 28:27,28). 

I knew there was no time to waste
When heaven extended God's favor. 
I thought on my ways and made haste,
Receiving the Lord as my Savior! 

The broad way to hell has been paved
With fair words of sinful seduction. 
There's only one way to be saved:
Christ rescues our soul from destruction! 

The Lord calls the lost to find rest,
Refreshment, and refuge from fear.   
All those who receive Him are blest,
Yet fools simply choose not to hear. 

From heaven, O Lord, You were sent
To purchase so great a salvation:  
All those who will haste to repent
Shall rest in Your justification.  


No comments: