Saturday, February 25, 2017

Reality of my Redeemer


"I know that my Redeemer liveth, and that He shall stand at the latter day upon the earth: and though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God" (Job 19:25,26).  "As cold waters to a thirsty soul, so is good news from a far country" (Proverbs 25:25).  "The Lord God… hath visited and redeemed His people… as He spake by the mouth of His holy prophets… to give light to them that sit in darkness and in the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the way of peace" (Luke 1:68,70,79). 

I know that my Redeemer lives;
He rose just as He said He would.
What confidence to me this gives
To know He made His promise good! 

The good news is the proven fact
Of my Redeemer's visitation. 
The prophets spoke of this great act,
And Christ fulfilled it with salvation.

Praise God for this reality,   
That seems more like a wondrous dream,
For Jesus gave Himself for me
And for all those He would redeem!   

O Lord my God, I'm not a dreamer;    
Reality is found in You!
You came to be my soul's Redeemer. 
You'll come again; I know it's true!  


No comments: