Sunday, February 05, 2017

Pleasantly Pleading


"Plead my cause, O LORD… say unto my soul, I am thy Salvation… O LORD: keep not silence: O Lord, be not far from me" (Psalm 35:1,3).  "My son, attend unto My wisdom, and bow thine ear to My understanding… lest thou give thine honor unto others, and thy years unto the cruel" (Proverbs 5:1,9).  "And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you… Heaven and earth shall pass away, but My words shall not pass away" (Matthew 24:4,35). 

The Lord was pleading for my soul
Upon the cross on which He died. 
He paid my ransom there in full
And for this cause was crucified. 

How pleasantly I hear Him say
That He Himself is my Salvation! 
I know He is not far away;
I hear His voice of consolation.   

His counsel gives me understanding
That in my heart the Lord may rule. 
I heed His gentle reprimanding,
Lest years be given to the cruel. 

How pleasantly I hear You pleading,
With words, O Lord, forever true,
Providing all that I am needing
That I may trust alone in You.  


No comments: