Saturday, February 11, 2017

Course Correction


"I would seek unto God, and unto God would I commit my cause… Behold, happy is the man whom God correcteth" (Job 5:8,17).  "As for me, Thou upholdest me in mine integrity, and settest me before Thy face forever" (Psalm 41:12).  "The integrity of the upright shall guide them: but the perverseness of transgressors shall destroy them" (Proverbs 11:3).  "They that are whole have no need of the physician, but they that are sick: I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance" (Mark 2:17). 

To God we should commit our cause
And hear His counsel every day. 
By His correction we should pause
And change our course without delay. 

This is the path of happiness
Where Christ will lead us faithfully  
By His correction that will bless
And guide us with integrity. 

How kind is God's corrective measure
That steers us by His truth and love 
To change our course to do His pleasure
And set our hearts on things above! 

Your course correction is revealed,
O Lord, wherever we are sent
To show that sinners may be healed
Who turn to You and will repent.  


No comments: