Sunday, February 12, 2017

Rightly Reproved


"How forcible are right words!  But what doth your arguing reprove?" (Job 6:25).   "They say daily unto me, Where is thy God?  Why art thou cast down, O my soul?  And why art thou disquieted within me?  Hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise Him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God" (Psalm 42:10,11).  "The thoughts of the righteous are right: but the counsels of the wicked are deceit… The way of a fool is right in his own eyes: but he that hearkeneth unto counsel is wise" (Proverbs 12:5,15). 

How forcible right words can be
As foolishness thus is reproved,
Allowing the sinner to see
The truth that shall not be removed. 

Yet daily the truth is ignored
In spite of the evidence shown
Concerning Christ Jesus our Lord
Who clearly has made Himself known. 

They daily say, "Where is your God?"
Unwilling to look at His acts.  
The champions whom they applaud
Distort and dismiss the plain facts. 

Lord, over creation You rule,  
And You are enthroned in our midst.  
How rightly reproved is the fool
Who thinks that You do not exist!  


No comments: