Monday, February 20, 2017

Cleansing Completed


"Who can bring a clean thing out of an unclean?  Not one… Thou shalt call, and I will answer Thee: Thou wilt have a desire to the work of Thine hands" (Job 14:4,14).  "He shall call to the heavens from above, and to the earth… Gather My saints together unto Me; those that have made a covenant with Me by sacrifice" (Psalm 50:4,5). "Who can say, I have made my heart clean, I am pure from my sin?" (Proverbs 20:9).  "This was the Lord's doing, and it is marvelous in our eyes" (Mark 12:11). 

Not one among us can begin
To cleanse our own iniquity,  
But Jesus washed away our sin
And saved our souls eternally. 

Our cleansing will not be completed,
Though Christ has saved us by His love,
Until sin's nature is defeated
When we are gathered all above. 

When we shall see Him face to face,
Completed cleansing shall be clear. 
Till then we're called to grow in grace
And live each day in godly fear. 

Lord Jesus, it is marvelous!
Though none are righteous, no, not one,
Completed cleansing waits for us
Based only on what You have done! 


No comments: