Sunday, February 19, 2017

Fearless Future


"Shall not His excellency make you afraid?... Yet will I trust in Him… He also shall be my Salvation" (Job 13:11,15,16).  "Wherefore should I fear in the days of evil, when the iniquity of my heels shall compass me about?... God will redeem my soul from the power of the grave: for He shall receive me" (Psalm 49:5,15).  "The fear of the LORD tendeth to life: and he that hath it shall abide satisfied; he shall not be visited with evil" (Proverbs 19:23).  "Jesus… saith unto them, Have faith in God" (Mark 11:22). 

The future day is drawing near
When I shall stand before God's throne,
Yet on that day I shall not fear
Since I am trusting Christ alone.

I trust the promise Jesus gave
With His redemption paid in full: 
He shall receive me from the grave
Because He has redeemed my soul.   

The fear of God has taught me well
To trust in Christ, who for me died
And lives to save my soul from hell,
For judgment has been satisfied! 

My fearless future, Lord, by grace,
Is filled with sweet anticipation,
Since You've prepared for me a place
With all the blessings of salvation.  

 

No comments: