Sunday, February 26, 2017

The Thoughts


"Therefore do my thoughts cause me to answer, and for this I make haste" (Job 20:2).  "This I know; for God is for me… for Thou hast delivered my soul from death: wilt not Thou deliver my feet from falling, that I may walk before God in the light of the living?" (Psalm 56:9,13).  "Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own conceit" (Proverbs 26:5).  "Behold, this Child is set for the fall and rising again of many in Israel… that the thoughts of many hearts may be revealed" (Luke 2:34,35).  

My thoughts have caused me to make haste
To answer those who want to know
Why all my faith in Christ is placed,
Providing reasons I may show. 

As long as God shall give me breath,
I will proclaim His Gospel's calling
That saves me from the second death
And also keeps my feet from falling. 

A fool may think that he is wise;
The blind may lead the blind astray. 
God's answer opens blinded eyes
And warns the fool to turn today. 

The thoughts of many are revealed,
O Lord, in those who count the cost,
For all who trust in You are healed,
And all who turn away are lost.  


No comments: