Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Even Enemies


"The LORD said... Abraham shall surely become a great and mighty nation, and all the nations of the earth shall be blessed in him.  For I know him" (Genesis 18:17-19).  "Thou through Thy commandments hast made me wiser than mine enemies" (Psalm 119:98).  "When a man's ways please the LORD, He maketh even his enemies to be at peace with him" (Proverbs 16:7).  "O wretched man that I am!  Who shall deliver me from the body of this death?  I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord" (Romans 7:24,25).   

The Lord made Abraham a nation
From which His blessing would proceed
To send the Word of His salvation
To even enemies in need. 

We have the Word of God as well
By which the nations may be blest
With wisdom that will far excel
God's foes, the brightest and the best. 

The Lord shall halt our enemies,
Yes, even those we find within,
If only we will seek to please
The Lord who rescues us from sin. 

Lord, what a wretched man I am! 
This was the grief of even Paul, 
Yet we, like Paul and Abraham,
Give thanks that You have saved us all!  


No comments: