Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Jehovah my Judge


"The LORD watch between me and thee, when we are absent one from another... [though] no man is with us; see, God is witness betwixt me and thee... The God of Abraham... judge betwixt us" (Genesis 31:49-53).  "Unto Thee lift I up mine eyes, O Thou that dwellest in the heavens... Our eyes wait upon the LORD our God" (Psalm 123:1,2).  "Many seek the ruler's favor; but every man's judgment cometh from the LORD" (Proverbs 29:26).  "He that judgeth me is the Lord" (1 Corinthians 4:4). 

The Lord is judging every thought
That motivates my words and deeds. 
My God can see, though man does not,
And in this confidence He leads. 

My eyes are lifted to the Lord,
The Judge of all humanity. 
His gladness is my heart's reward;
It matters not who else may see. 

Though many seek the ruler's favor,
My judgment comes from God alone,
Who gave Himself to be my Savior
And ransomed me to be His own. 

Jehovah, Judge of all my ways,
Examine me and purge my heart,
Reviving me with grateful praise
For countless blessings You impart.  


No comments: