Friday, December 18, 2015

Plague in this Place


"Abraham... thought, Surely the fear of God is not in this place" (Genesis 20:11).  "Thou art my Hiding Place and my Shield: I hope in Thy Word... Hold thou me up, and I shall be safe" (Psalm 119:114,117).  "The name of the LORD is a strong tower: the righteous runneth into it, and is safe" (Proverbs 18:10).  "As it is written, Behold, I lay in Zion a Stumblingstone and Rock of offense: and whosoever believeth on Him shall not be ashamed" (Romans 9:33). 

When Abraham came to a place
Where he perceived God wasn't feared,  
The plague of sin that he could trace
Was obvious when it appeared. 

There is a plague today as well,
And yet a place where we are healed,
Where we may also safely dwell
In Christ, our Hiding Place and Shield. 

The name of Christ is still our Tower
Where we are daily called to run
To find our healing every hour
From all the plague of sin has done. 

Lord, in this place we have proclaimed: 
The plague is cured by You alone! 
We know we shall not be ashamed
By trusting You, our Corner Stone.  


No comments: