Monday, December 14, 2015

Solace of His Sight


"Thou God seest me" (Genesis 16:13).  "My soul fainteth...  Mine eyes fail...  For I am become like a bottle in the smoke... Quicken me after Thy lovingkindness" (Psalm 119:81-88).  "The heart knoweth his own bitterness; and a stranger doth not intermeddle with his joy" (Proverbs 14:10).  "For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly... God commendeth His love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us" (Romans 5:6-8). 

There is no solace that compares
With knowing that my Savior sees
And bids me cast on Him my cares
When I have sought Him on my knees. 

My soul may faint; my eyes may fail,
As when the smoke induces blindness,
But God who sees me shall prevail,
Reviving me with lovingkindness. 

With bitter grief He was acquainted
When He left heaven's throne above. 
He comforts me when I have fainted
As He reminds me of His love. 

O Lord, the solace of Your sight
That looks on me in such a fashion
Dispels my darkness with Your light
And lifts me with Your great compassion!  


No comments: