Friday, November 06, 2015

Trust amid Tribulation


"I will say of the LORD, He is my Refuge and my Fortress: my God; in Him will I trust" (Psalm 91:2).  "I will... punish the men that... say in their heart, 'The LORD will not do good, neither will He do evil'... Neither their silver nor their gold shall be able to deliver them in the day of the LORD'S wrath" (Zephaniah 1:12,18).  "These things I have spoken unto you, that in Me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world" (John 16:33). 

How good it is to trust in God,
Our Refuge and our Fortress strong. 
The apathy of fools is flawed;
The Lord will surely prove them wrong.

Not all the silver and the gold
That manifest their fleeting worth
Can stay the wrath that shall unfold
When judgment comes upon this earth.

Our only Hope is Jesus Christ;
He is the Lamb for sinners slain.  
For us our Lord was sacrificed;
All other confidence is vain. 

O Lord, our Peace, our strong Defense,  
And Captain of so great salvation,
In You we find our confidence
To trust amid the tribulation. 


No comments: