Tuesday, November 03, 2015

Not Weary of Needed Washing


"Thou hast put away mine acquaintance far from me... but unto Thee have I cried, O LORD" (Psalm 88:8,13).  "My son, despise not the chastening of the LORD; neither be weary of his correction: for whom the LORD loveth He correcteth" (Proverb 3:11,12).  "O LORD, how long shall I cry?" (Habakkuk 1:2).  "Peter saith unto Him, Thou shalt never wash my feet. Jesus answered him, If I wash thee not, thou hast no part with Me" (John 13:8). 

The Lord's correction has a reason
That's governed by unceasing love. 
If I am lonely for a season,
I lift my prayer to God above. 

The Lord has called me to be wise
And not be weary of correction. 
I would not foolishly despise
His faithful work in my perfection. 

If I should cry, "O Lord, how long?" 
The answer quickly then arrives. 
My Savior's timing is not wrong;
His hand both chastens and revives. 

O Lord, as Peter saw how great
His need of washing was from You,
You're teaching me to likewise wait,
And not be weary as I do.  


No comments: