Saturday, November 07, 2015

The Word in this World


"My son, keep thy Father's commandment... When thou goest, it shall lead thee; when thou sleepest, it shall keep thee; and when thou awakest, it shall talk with thee... My son, keep My words, and lay up My commandments with thee.  Keep My commandments, and live; and My law as the apple of thine eye" (Proverbs 6:20-22; 7:1,2).  "I have given them Thy Word... Sanctify them through Thy truth: Thy Word is truth" (John 17:14,17). 

The Word of God that we must keep
Shall lead us in the way we walk,  
Shall keep us when we go to sleep,
And in the morning with us talk. 

We keep His Word to understand 
His counsel that we should apply,
And thus regard our Lord's command
The treasured apple of our eye. 

The Lord has given us His Word
To sanctify us every day
As we are by His voice assured
That He is leading all the way. 

O Lord, how precious is Your voice!  
We know the Word You gave is true
As in this world we rejoice
That we are thereby kept by You.  


No comments: