Thursday, November 19, 2015

Great is His Goodness!


"O LORD my God, Thou art very great... I will sing praise to my God while I have my being.  My meditation of Him shall be sweet: I will be glad in the LORD" (Psalm 104:1,33,34).  "Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion... behold, thy King cometh unto thee: He is just, and having salvation... How great is His goodness, and how great is His beauty!" (Zechariah 9:9,17).  "He was led as a sheep to the slaughter" (Acts 8:32). 

How great is the God of salvation
That stirs us to sing to the Lord,
And sweet is our glad meditation
Of goodness which we have explored! 

Give praise to the King we behold,
Whose ways are both loving and just,
Fulfilling what prophets foretold
To save those who in Him will trust. 

Now greatly rejoice, Zion's daughter,
Beholding your beautiful King:   
Your Lord, as a sheep led to slaughter,  
Has brought what the law could not bring!

How great is Your goodness, O Savior,
So clearly displayed on the cross
To freely bestow saving favor
And spare us from infinite loss!  


No comments: