Wednesday, November 04, 2015

Who found Who?


"I have found David My servant... He shall cry unto Me, Thou art my Father, my God, and the Rock of my salvation" (Psalm 89:20,26).  "Hear, O My son... I have taught thee in the way of wisdom; I have led thee in right paths" (Proverbs 4:10,11).  "The just shall live by his faith" (Habakkuk 2:4).  "How can we know the way?  Jesus saith... I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by Me" (John 14:5,6). 

It came to me as a surprise
To find that God had sought me first. 
The Lord had fixed on me His eyes
And drew my heart to Him with thirst. 

The Lord of heaven and of earth,
Who by His word upholds creation,
Is now my Father by new birth;  
He is the Rock of my salvation. 

He prompted me to seek His face
And led me in His righteous path
To find, by faith, my Hiding Place
In Him who rescued me from wrath. 

O Lord, I know now Who found who: 
I was the sheep who went astray,
But You left heaven to pursue
And save my soul!  O happy day!  


No comments: