Friday, June 05, 2015

Fixed on His Faithfulness


"O God, my heart is fixed; I will sing and give praise, even with my glory... Through God we shall do valiantly" (Psalm 108:1,13).  "Walk ye in all the ways that I have commanded you, that it may be well unto you" (Jeremiah 7:23).  "But the Lord is faithful, who shall stablish you, and keep you from evil" (2 Thessalonians 3:3). 

My heart is fixed, for I can see  
The faithfulness of God my Savior. 
Through Him I shall do valiantly
As He extends to me His favor. 

I'll sing to Him and give Him praise
For mercies more than I can tell. 
When I am walking in His ways
Which He commands, it shall be well. 

I know that trials yet exist
On the horizon of tomorrow,
But God is faithful in the midst
Of joy supreme or deepest sorrow. 

I'm fixed, Lord, on Your faithfulness,
For there is nowhere else to stand! 
I'm confident in nothing less
Than Your compassion and command.  


No comments: