Thursday, June 18, 2015

Finding Fire


"Open Thou mine eyes, that I may behold wondrous things out of Thy Law" (Psalm 119:18).  "Through desire a man, having separated himself, seeketh and intermeddleth with all wisdom... The name of the LORD is a strong tower: the righteous runneth into it, and is safe" (Proverbs 18:1,10).  "His Word was in mine heart as a burning fire shut up in my bones" (Jeremiah 20:9).  "The kindness and love of God our Savior toward man appeared... according to His mercy He saved us" (Titus 3:4,5). 

My eyes can see (which once were blind)  
The wondrous things within God's Law.
I did not know that I would find
The fire kindled that I saw. 

The Lord had drawn me with desire
Before I knew His saving power. 
His truth was shining like a fire
That drew me safely to His tower. 

I find His fire now within,
A fire I cannot withhold,
To show the Lord who saves from sin;  
His Gospel truth must now be told!

O Lord, Your kindness and Your love
Have set ablaze in me Your flame! 
I'm finding fire from above
Unquenched that glorifies Your name. 


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Jeremiah 23:29 Is not my word like as a fire? saith the LORD; and like a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces?