Saturday, June 20, 2015

Removing our Reproach


"Turn away my reproach which I fear" (Psalm 119:39).  "Who can say, I have made my heart clean, I am pure from my sin?" (Proverbs 20:9).  "O earth, earth, earth, hear the Word of the LORD" (Jeremiah 22:29).  "God... hath in these last days spoken unto us by His Son... Who being the brightness of His glory... by Himself purged our sins" (Hebrews 1:1-3).    

The One who turned reproach away
Has done what no one else could do,
For none but Jesus Christ could say
That He removed our sins from view. 

With judgment drawing ever near,
We could not hide the truth within
Or turn away the dreadful fear
That we could not remove our sin! 

Let all the earth now hear the Word
Of Christ our Lord and give Him praise: 
By Him alone are we assured
That sins are purged in these last days. 

Lord, thank You for Your matchless favor
Which on the cross You surely proved
By dying as our only Savior
So our reproach could be removed!  


No comments: