Thursday, June 25, 2015

Fashioned Faithfully


"Thy hands have made me and fashioned me: give me understanding, that I may learn Thy commandments...  I know, O LORD, that Thy judgments are right, and that Thou in faithfulness hast afflicted me" (Psalm 119:73,75).  "He that hath no rule over His own spirit is like a city that is broken down, and without walls" (Proverbs 25:28).  "Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection" (Hebrews 6:1). 

We are the work of God's own hands;
In  His own likeness we are made.
It's wise to follow His commands
Which He has faithfully conveyed. 

In faithfulness our Lord will fashion
Each one who truly on Him calls.
He rules our spirit with compassion;
Without Him we're like broken walls. 

How good it is to have Him rule
As we submit to His correction,
Not bridled as the horse or mule,
But pressing onward to perfection. 

O Lord, we thank You for Your grace
Whereby we're fashioned faithfully
Until we see You face to face
Perfected in eternity! 


No comments: