Sunday, December 28, 2014

Preparing, Practicing, Preaching


"Ezra had prepared his heart to seek the law of the LORD, and to do it, and to teach in Israel statutes and judgments" (Ezra 7:10).  "With my whole heart have I sought Thee: O let me not wander from Thy commandments.  Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against Thee... With my lips have I declared all the judgments of Thy mouth" (Psalm 119:10-13).  "If any man have ears to hear, let him hear" (Mark 4:23). 

When Ezra's heart was consecrated
To seek the Law of God and do it,
He taught what he had demonstrated,
So others likewise could pursue it. 

So with our whole heart let us seek
To serve the Lord whom we adore,
That we may model what we speak
With deeds that others may explore. 

The order that we see is clear: 
First seek the Lord to be prepared,
Then come with ready ears to hear,
And likewise do what we've declared. 

O Lord, we thank for Your Word
Providing counsel every day,
So we, like Ezra, may be stirred,
To preach the truth that we obey. 

Let preparation, practice, preaching,
O Lord, in answer to Your call,
Persuade the lost, whom we are reaching,
To turn to You, forsaking all.  


No comments: